Korean Hair & Scalp Care [Sponsored]

by - February 07, 2018


Hello there, beautiful February! Lots of things to look forward to this February! Of course, we have our long-awaited for Chinese New Year! For me, i will be heading to Greece with my family and Z for our annual CNY hols! My family don't quite like to spend our chinese new year in Sg, so we make it a point to try and head overseas for a short getaway. 

Well, it seems like our cny hols isn't quite a short getaway. Last year, we went to London/Scotland. This year, we're heading to Greece/Santorini. I'm so excited for my upcoming trip bcos I planned the entire 11 days itinerary all by myself (proud moment). I will be blogging and vlogging my trip down, so keep an eye out for it yeah (judging by the rate i'm posting things, you'll probably see it 6 months later).

In lieu of chinese new year, even though i'm not spending it in Sg except for the first day, I still want to look fab! And that means visiting my hair salon once again! I last did my shorter hair cut + perms about 4 months ago, and surprisingly my curls are still intact! I was quite surprised when Su said that she didn't need to perm my hair again since the curls are still around. haha, well that shaved off some time sitting in the salon.... 

So for this time round, i did their Colour Clinic/Scalp Package, which includes scalp treatment + hair cut + hair dye (multiple subtle shades). Although the pictures don't quite seem that way, but my final hair colour has got several different shades! Alright, read on to find out more!


My hair grows ridiculously fast, and that's why i couldn't keep my bangs for long. They grew out within 3 weeks, and i had to sweep them aside afterwards. booo. Su recommended a similiar hairstyle to my previous one, which was a short shoulder length cut. She did it layered style this time round, mentioning layering is a hot trend now, coupled with wavy hair. 

First, i got my head treated with the scalp treatment. I have oily scalp, and i've always thought that people with oily scalp shouldn't wash their hair daily as it would cause more oil to secret out from the glands. Answer is NO! Su recommends those with oily scalp to wash everyday so as to keep your scalp clean and free from oil which can clog pores and cause hair fall. 
Thankfully, my hair is still growing healthily!


I love how cute the hair cover is... felt like a steaming bucket head for a moment there.... The steaming took about 10min which helps to open pores up and to absorb the goodness in the treatment cream. oooooooh. 


Next, i got my hair coloured! Su chose a pink brown shade for the most inner bottom layer of my hair, followed by purple brown for the middle layer and golden brown at the top. These layer colours are done in such a way to achieve the layered density look. The pink and purple brown isn't very noticeable, but if i stand under the sun and lift my hair up, i can actually see some shades of pink! Talk about CNY spirits, oh yeah im ready to welcome the new year. 

Finally, after washing and blow drying, i got my layered shoulder length hair cut. It was really quick but detailed. I only spent 1.5hrs in the salon this time? Super quick! I might try going for a much shorter haircut the next time... Should i? I was just telling Su that everytime i walk in the salon, i'd tell her i want to try a shorter hair, but then i'll end up backing out bcos im afraid! She would say okay we try the next time...................... but till today, the next time ain't here yet....


Violaaa~




This photo below will show you a hint of my pink/purple brown hair dye if you look closely enough. Pardon the messy bun hair-do. My mom was actually admiring my hair when she spotted the colours and quickly snapped a photo for me. 


If you haven't gotten your hair done for the upcoming festive season, don't worry! Hair plus korean salon is open until 14 February with no CNY surcharge! Also, check out their Colour Clinic / Scalp Packages (i just did that for this hair session) for healthier and shiny locks! Visit their Facebook page for more details!

Have a blessed Chinese New Year everyone!



xoxo,
Chye



You May Also Like

1 comments

Instagram