How to achieve an Effortlessly Chic look (ADV)

by - December 01, 2017


Hola readers! This post has been delayed by 2 months, but I have a good reason for it. If you're someone who is lazy to style your hair before heading out (just like me!), then you gotta read on this post to find out how to achieve a chic look without doing anything!

I last had my haircut on 20 Sep, which is about 2 months ago (sorry for the delay). If you are new to my blog, just to share with you that I have been a sponsored hair blogger with Hair Plus Korean Salon for the past ... 2 years? I'm not someone who changes their hairstyle/colour every month or so, I probably do it once every 3-4 months? If i'm busy, then my hair salon sees me probably twice a year. :/  Every time i head down to my salon, i don't really have any idea what to do with my hair, i just leave it up to my hair stylist, Su Kim, to decide what is in trend and recommended for my hair. So if you're like me, clueless about trending hairstyles and afraid that other stylist might ruin your locks, you know where to go now... :D



Today's hair session is going to be a mid shoulder cut, wavy perms, S curls to achieve this very effortless chic look for everyday use. Think of looks like the below images (credits: Pinterest)

3rd Batch Of Spreads Of Kang Dong Won & Song Hye Kyo From Vogue Korea’s September Issue + The Duo Cover Cine21′s No. 968 | Couch KimchiGARDENが提案する最新ヘアカタログkisum - ค้นหาด้วย Google                                                                                                                                                                                 MoreCelebrity Hairstyles japanese hairstyle hair japanese hairstyle | hairstyles-pin it from carden


Let's begin my hair session! Absolutely love having my hair washed by the delicate hands of the stylists/hair assistants. sooooo comfy i could fall asleep. After my hair wash, I had treatment cream on for about 15min to protect my hair for what's about to come next. & you get to see your head balloon up with the steamer behind. hahaha, it's always so hilarious looking. 


Next step: Chemical cream! This chemical cream is essential to get the perfect hair texture for the perming later on. Su left it on my hair for about 10min (average timing), but my hair wasn't quite ready for perming yet, so she left it on for another 10min. *the time for this step is not the same for everyone, it depends on your own hair's texture. I guess i have very stubborn hair? hoho. Finally it was ready to be washed off (fyi, there's a fair bit of washing hair in this hair session, so if you wanna get the same hair style, be ready to walk back and forth the hair wash basin). I then had a treatment spray applied on my hair and blown dry by 2 stylists (hehe). This last treatment spray is to protect your hair from any harmful chemical from the perming creams, so you still can have your healthy looking hair afterwards. (Y).


Next step: Snip snip snip! Su gave me a shoulder length layered cut. Apparently this layered hair look is trending in Korea now.. I recall when i was in secondary school, i would have like super layered hair, idk why maybe i thought it was cool and "in" thing to do. But it made tying my hair such a hassle! I had to pin heaps of clips on my head just to ensure that my hair isn't sticking out weirdly. hahaha. I quite like my layered hair, and till today, i dont think it's any hassle to tie my hair up. It doesn't fall out randomly, instead it falls around my shoulder giving me this volume look, like i did something awesome to my hair (but i actually didn't do anything)...

How does my hair look? 


Once the cut is done, Su applied perming cream and let it sit to curl. Since i'm doing S curls today for a wavy hairstyle look, the rotors placed on my hair are the slightly bigger ones at 24mm (to achieve bigger curls). Smaller rotors like 12mm are more suitable for smaller and tighter curls. I always loved bigger curls as it makes my head look more voluminous. The nature of my hair is quite flat, hence making me look like a flat head which i hateeeeeeee. But i think for normal perms, it's better to get smaller curls since they will open up over time. If you get big curls, over time, once those curls open up, you'd be left with no curls anymore....



After the perming cream has been washed off, i had another round of treatment before calling it a day. The thing i like about Hair Plus Korean Salon is that they don't just perm your hair and go; they care about your hair. They would treat your hair first, get the texture softened, making it easier to take on the shape that they are going to perm later. And not forgetting to finish off with treatment again so hair is not so damaged. Also, if your hair quality is bad, they won't recommend you to perm even if u wanted it.

Ta-daaaa, after x number of hours sitting at the salon, my new hair is ready to see the world!







The pros about this hairstyle, is that it makes it look so effortless without styling your hair. Whenever i'm out with my friends, they would ask if i had blown my hair or styled it before coming out, but in actual fact, i didn't even blow dry my hair. Just tousle and head out.
Effortless Chic; that's how i would call this.

Some photos to share with you guys on the updates of my hair looking till today. I will leave the month/week since i've gotten this hairstyle on 20th Sept. To note that all these photos are taken without any hair styling done to my hair. It was just a plain day where i head out without doing anything to it. *The only exception is the 30th September photo,where i curled my hair slightly with curling tongs. 



21 September (Day 1) 




30 September (10 Days)






18 October (1 Month)



27 October  (1 Month & 1 Week)



4 November (1 Month & 15 days)



25 November (2 Months & 5 Days)



I think it's time for another hairstyle change in the next few months? 
Stay tuned!



xoxo,
Chye


You May Also Like

0 comments

Instagram