Re-fresh x Cinderella Protein Care (ADV)

by - May 29, 2017

If my blog could talk, it would most probably be cursing me right now, for the numerous times I've abandoned it. S.o.r.r.y. But moving forward, I am certain things will change, because change is the only constant in life. I'll update in this space very soon on my recent change.....

For now, yes here's another change too, my "shortest" change thus far. hahaha! I reckon the weather must have influenced my latest change, from long hair to mid length, to bangs and now to even shorter than before. There's a little devil inside my head that keeps telling me to "cut it shorter... shorter... even shorterrrrrr". 
P.s. My favourite hairstylist adds on to that too... After getting this hair cut, she subtly hinted me to try going bob the next time... I think I should get drunk first then head to the saloon. (kidding).

My last visit to Hair Plus Korean Salon was in ...... January? Gosh that was some time ago, and that was when i had my bangs haircut (if you haven't read about it, click here).  After that session, i've travelled to London/Scotland/Manchester in late January (will be doing a travel blogpost on that soon!) and Brisbane in mid March for an underwater rugby tournament (may blog on that.... if i have enough time). Haha, the point is.... to show that my hair has gotten long and unruly and rough. So , don't judge...

Before all that drama about my hair being chopped, this was how unruly it looked. Tangled, uneven, split ends
Seconds after I got to admire how unruly my hair looked, Su gave me no chance to admire it any longer and snipped it away....... She was nice enough to leave the bunch on the table for me to say bye to it..... 


After waving goodbye, time to get down to business. My hair was trimmed and snipped to the perfect shape, and Su chose my hair dye colour of a cool brown tone to suit the upcoming weather. I never knew hair dye colours can be chosen in accordance to weather! How amazing is that. Well, I always leave it up to Su to decide for me (because i'm indecisive like that) because she's the pro at it! Got my hair dyed and stuck on by wrap for 25min before getting my head massaged and the dye washed off. Did i mention for the 249274th time that hair washing is my fav fav fav time at the salon ? *inserts gleeful eyes*



After that, here comes the real deal. I was here to try out their newest product offering, called the Cinderella Protein Care. It essentially is like a hair treatment, just that the results last for approximately 3 months (results vary for different hair types and activities that you do on a regular basis) as compared to regular hair treatment!! This Cinderella Protein Care is super popular in Korea right now, even though the product reigns from USA. It comprises of 3 steps, using 3 separate products with different purposes in this whole treatment.  



Step 1: Like at any speech, you'll have to "address" the crowd and do an opening speech before moving on to the main performance. Similarly, the first step of the Cinderella Protein Care "opens" your hair up, so that your hair is prepped and ready to absorb more nutrients in. The application of the cream to my hair and roots smells deliciously fruity, like ... raspberry. After product is applied, I was hooked up to the bubble head (that's what i like to call it) and let it steam for 7 - 10min. Once timer buzzes, I was ushered to wash my hair, followed by a short hair massage, allowing the product to be fully absorbed in. 

Bubble-Head Steam
Step 2: Before the 2nd product is applied, Su and her assistant had to blow dry my hair partially first. Once it was done, the 2nd product - which is a 100% protein cream was applied on and I had to let it absorb into my roots naturally. No steaming, no bubble head, just sitting back and reading my magazine while bobbing my head back and forth freely. (Y) Once 25min was up, the hairstylists came back to blow dry my hair (with hot air) until my hair is completely dried. Then Su used a straightener to straighten/curl my hair. It doesn't matter whether your hair gets straightened/curled at this stage, what matters is that some form of heat element is applied directly to your hair to ensure that the product gets absorbed even deeper. 

Step 3: After you look at yourself in the mirror looking super chio with the nice curls, time to get it washed off. noooooo, there goes the nice straightener curls... Time for the last step. The last step should be easy to guess - it's the Closing. After feeding your hair with all that nutrients, you'll have to lock them in to prevent them from escaping easily right? Yeap! So the final step is a spray which locks in the treatment. After application, heat is radiated in an oscillating machine over your head for 7min now, and after-which it'll be washed off. 

The results: A HEAD OF SUPER SMOOTH AND MANAGEABLE HAIR



Soooooo happy with the results!!! My hair has always been damaged because I swim and play underwater rugby alot, so my hair gets in contact with chlorine water quite a fair bit. I am hoping with this new Cinderella Protein Care, my hair can stay manageable for a prolonged period of time. 

          


******************************
It has been nearly a month since i had this treatment (i visited the salon on 7 May) and my hair is still very quite smooth! I'm honestly very surprised at how well the Cinderella Protein Care lives up to its name. I've been swimming regularly, exercising, playing underwater rugby, and each time i wash my hair, it goes back to default, which is the manageable texture like i just stepped out of the salon. WOW. 


For this time round, Hair Plus Korean Salon has graciously extended a special discount for all my readers! For those of you who would like to try out this Cinderella Protein Care, quote my name "JasmineChye" for an additional 5% discount (there is currently a 10% discount in-stores) off!!
*Promotion ends in June 2017*



Till then, keep calm and stay tuned for my next upcoming travel blog & update!


xoxo, 
Chye


You May Also Like

0 comments

Instagram