Blueberry yogurt cupcakes kind of sundays.

by - July 12, 2015

Sundays.


Hell yes, pyjammies all day long. 

*******

What do you do on a Sunday?

For me, its my family day. Recently, its becoming family-cum-baking day. Its the only day in the week where I make it a point to stay at home and spend quality time with my family. My mom adores cute looking cupcakes, sweet treats whatsnot and she would always keep a lookout for recipes of such and show it to me. I take it as a hint that I should try out these recipes. hahaha! But, its all good, because I have a tiny hidden passion for baking :) 

I may not bake the best tasting treats, nor the prettiest looking cupcake, but they are all made from love. My love for baking, for the people I bake for. 

Today's bake off is a recipe from the magazine that my mom chanced upon; 
Blueberry Yogurt Cupcakes!


Fluffy and moist in the centre, crispy top.

********************

Here's the recipe to share the love around. 
P.S. do note that oven temperature may vary according to your type of oven. I am using a toaster-cum-oven kind to bake all my cupcakes, thus monitoring the temperature is vital when using such combination oven/toaster.

Ingredients:
  • 140g Vegetable oil
  • 60g caster sugar
  • 60g brown sugar 
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 140g yoghurt
  • 200g self-raising flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • pinch of salt
  • 200g blue berry (or a box of them easily purchased from NTUC)

Method:
  • Preheat oven to 175 degrees
  • Combine (mix well) vegetable oil, caster and brown sugar
  • Whisk in egg, vanilla extract and yogurt. Set aside
  • Sieve self-raising flour and baking soda. Add in pinch of salt.
  • Fold gently into yogurt mixture to form batter
  • Fold in half of blueberries gently
  • Fill in muffin cups till half full. Top with remaining blueberries
  • Bake for 15-18min till golden brown. 
  • For my kind of toaster/oven, I baked mine at 150 degrees for 15 min, then 190 degrees for 4 min to get the golden brown top. Left it inside the oven after switching it off for it to continue turning brown. One addition tip, add in some blueberry flavoring for an added punch!
My recipe made 16 cupcakes, and the cases I used are the slightly smaller kind, with a firm side so there is no need to put them inside a metal cupcake tray to bake. I got them at a massive bakery supplier shop at JB. (thanks to my baking contributor who drives me over to get my stuff, you'll get a cupcake in return)





There you go, a slightly healthier yogurt cupcake option to try out! 

Do leave a comment if you have tried this recipe out, let me know how it went! Or if you have any awesome recipes to share, I would love to hear it from you.

Happy Munching Sunday everyone!!!


xoxo,
Chye

You May Also Like

0 comments

Instagram